RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 16:02:54 -0700
Tom:
>>Because I am a member of only two e-mail lists (raw-food and veg-raw), I must
>>specify that this particular article can NOT be crossposted to any other list,
>>without my express permission.

Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
>Useless restriction since the archives of raw-food allow everyone in the inter-
>net to access your articles.

Tom:
I don't care if others read the post in the raw-food archive - they are free
to do so. I simply don't want my material posted and attacked by dishonest
zealots on other "unmoderated" raw food e-mail lists. By stating that the
material cannot be crossposted, I may have some protection. Let me also say
that I have nothing against the decent subscribers to the other lists - just
the few hostile zealots there.

Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
>Today I found eight posts of you with the topic EXPO. Would you mind putting
>such things together next time and avoiding "space-fillers"? (Don't become
>a pest, Tom. :-))

>Anyway I appreciate your tone and style of writing. It's always good to know
>that there are some people who have saved their mental balance while doing
>raw nutrition.

Tom:
I did one post per article because some of them were reposts (the material
was discussed previously on raw-food), and having 1 article/post makes it
easy to delete that piece of e-mail if you don't want it. It is easier to
delete 1 piece of e-mail, than to edit N lines out of one big file. (This is
the standard "digest vs individual mail" issue.) I don't want to dump a
lot of material on the list, but thought it OK as some of it is reposts.
I wanted to include the reposts, in case there are new people on the list.

Thanks for your kind comments on the Expo material! It is appreciated.

Regards,
Tom Billings