RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 08:12:07 -0500 (EST)
Hi everyone,
     I've been reading your remarks the last few days, and have a few
thoughts to share.  First, I've been on a mostly raw food menu the last 5
months, and think it is excellent.  While I don't intend to share my personal
history in a first posting, I can say it has helped with an existing
digestive condition.  I am very interested in thinking through the raw food
method, and have by myself been thinking about the poisonous foods and
injurious bacteria theories, having been poisoned by probable botulism last
October.
     It is difficult to understand all what you are saying since I don't know
what all those abbreviations mean.  "NH" is Natural Hygiene, okay, but "NFL"
probably isn't the National Football League.
     I did download an archive but haven't figured out how to unpackage a .gz
file...
     While I don't have the solution to beneficial vs. harmful things, I do
understand that it is the condition of our bodies that allows disease to
grow, and that most bacteria are good.  But I'm  still thinking...
     It is amazing to me after 6 years of my own personal readings and
research to find you all, who have a different set of people on a somewhat
parallel course toward health.  I have easily blamed my ancestors for our
family's poor health, and have wondered if all the ravages of disease can be
undone in one generation.  I do think that if a person eats raw, for a number
of years, it can give that person a greater health than they have ever
experienced.  I have yet to prove it on myself though!
     Why the concern over getting enough protein, since vegetables, fruits
and grains, beans, nuts and seeds, and greens all have more than enough in
them?  I have tried what I think are raw cow's cheese and just got all
clogged up too...
     I also should say up front that I do not believe the theory of evolution
to be true, and that I am a Biblical Christian.  Yes, what has been done in
the name of Christianity is often terrible, but anyone who practices what
Christ did would never have done things like that; not everyone who calls
themselves a Christian actually are.  Because I believe that God created the
world in perfect order, and that it has fallen, gives me a different outlook
than what I''ve read so far in your postings.  I hope and expect that I may
be able to see things from a different angle than you all, which is a good
thing.
     Also, I was set back by all the raw nerves that were talked about.  Yes,
online people do get hyper sometimes and flame everyone and we all feel
cooked, but why dwell on that?  If we're in pursuit of Truth, truth should
stand for itself...
     I don't know how to create a dialogue like I've seen, and won't be too
lengthy in my replies unless it's necessary, since we all have other things
to do.  Keeping the volume of messages down does make more people willing to
read each day.
     Well, I've written plenty already.  It's good to see your different
approach to things.
     By the way, how many folks are on the list; I've only seen a few so far
reply...

Jim