RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 17:11:48 -0600 (CST)

Ric said:
>Again, Tom, not having been privy to the "nasty attacks" by the
>NFLers, just have to take your word for it, since have no way to
>readily access the archives...and surely no time, either.

You can stick your head in the sand for only so long.
The archives are easily accessible at
<http://www.bolis.com/list-archives/raw-food> or
<http://www.bolis.com/list-archives/raw-food-digest>

It takes no time at all to get to them. If you do not have WWW access
then surely you have a friend who does. Like it or not with your 20+
years as a raw food eater you are somewhat of a leader and mentor to
many of us and as such it is your moral obligation to look up these
archives + finish reading the NFL book (which should take you no more
than 45 minutes to do) before you continue lending the NFL team more of
your support. - How you are able to speak up on this issue in the first
without first checking the facts is beyond me.
Like you I have found the NFL folks to be very friendly in person
especially when their opinions are not seriously challenged. I
understand that Atilla the Hun threw great parties too .... ;-)

>Adolf Hitler, too, but admit, from the necessity of reality, that he
>also did much good in the early thirties...and even later, when he
>gave us the autobahns and the "People's Car" (VW).  My gosh, even
>Billary has done a few good things, I am sure (although be darned if I
>can think of any at the spur of the moment!).

Comparing Hitler and President Clinton I find quite tasteless and
implying, even jokingly, that Hitler did more good than Clinton down
right scary. I hope it is a coincidence and not a trend among raw
vegans :-/ for in the NFL book there are several references to Hitler -
indirect but unavoidable non the less.

>I just don't react too well whenever I smell censorship in the air.  I
>disagree with a whole lot of stuff on this list, but enthusiastically
>welcome the differences.  When I become threatened or fearful of such
>opposing viewpoints and positions, then it's time for me look inside
>my own head...or hang up my jacket.

How dare you speak of censorship? NFL spent several months on this list
refusing to engage in any civil discourse and when their ideas were
questioned they would resort to tactics of bullying and ridicule rather
than reason & content. By ignoring numerous warnings they got
themselves suspended but are like everybody else welcome back to
Raw-food if they agree to abide by the basic rules of conduct laid out
for the protection of the participants of this forum.

>>>All this holier than thouism I'm getting on this list about the
>>>authors makes me wonder about where some of the critics are coming
>>>from.

It is not a matter of being "holier than thou" but a matter of doing
the right thing. The right thing is to speak up against fruit-based,
vegan diets which have created so much havoc with the health of so many
people and to expose the diet zealotry & demagogy of NFL.

Best, Peter

PS. Ric, word has it that you are about to leave Raw-food. I am sad to
see you go as not only are you the only active vegan left but also one
of the more well-spoken vegans we have had on board. I wish I could end
these words on a positive note but truth is your departure is probably
for the best for as eloquent as your contributions have been, they
unfortunately have failed to live up to the standards for integrity &
accountability of the this list. Nevertheless, I wish you the best!