RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 22:25:54 -0700
>Patric, Welcome to the list!

>>Not so!  I own "feasting on raw foods," edited by Charles Gerras,
>>1980, Rodale Press (found at a used book store). "Featuring over 350
>>healthful no-cook recipes for every part of a meal - from appetizers
>>through main course dishes to desserts." I almost left it because it
>>had "Fish" and "Meat" sections. At that time I was shocked by it.

OK, OK, you guys. I guess I eat crow on this one. <natch> There are heaps
of RAF raw food recipe books around, not just the one I stumbled onto. Yet
somehow I am just 4 times as surprised. Was there really RAF support in the
late 70's/early 80's?? I was drinking beer and eating pizza in college at
the time, and have no idea, but who/where/what explains all these
non-veggie raw recipe books?

I just don't get it. :?

Below is another such book shared by a raw-food lurker (if anyone is
actually tracking these pups down)...

Cheers,
Kirt

    AUTHOR:     Buckley, Peter, fl. 1978.
    TITLE:      Eat it raw / Peter Buckley.
    PUBL.:      New York : Dodd, Mead,
    FORMAT:     155 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
    DATE:       1978

    SUBJECT:    Raw foods.
                Cookery (Cold dishes)

    ISBN:       0396074790 :
    LANGUAGE:   ENGLISH
    RID #:      ocm03311599      (This is not a call number)

Kirt Nieft / Melisa Secola