RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 02 Jan 1997 22:14:14 EST
Peter,

>I do not agree. The tests for biomarkers are getting increasingly more
>sophisticated and can give a pretty good picture of somebody's
>biological age. It would be interesting to see what your biological
>age was and thereby get an idea to what extent your calorie restricted
>regime is supporting your health & longevity.

My weight as of today is 97.  I would be happy to have my blood and other
biomarkers tested at this stage of my CR (and again later) if you or
anyone else is interested  enough to bankroll the testing procedures.
The Sports Medicine research clinic here on the U-M campus has facilities
to do all of the biomarker tests you might want.

And to clear the air about one other thing:  It wasn't until I analyzed
my total food intake for November (which was posted on vegraw) that I
realized just how calorie-dense nuts are.  I've always had the feeling
that nuts and dried fruit raised my body temperature, but on a
per-calorie basis this may not be true.  In other words, I used to eat 4,
even sometimes 8 oz, of nuts in a day.  With nuts now at 2 oz or less,
I'm not noticing a temperature increase.  So maybe I was being unfair to
the nuts.  The rise in temperature might be just due to increased cloric
intake on days nuts were eaten.  Notice I'm still hedging.  It could
still be either way at this point (nuts[protein] raising body temp or
extra calories raising body temp).  If I discover something definitive,
I'll let y'all know.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])