RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Dec 1996 22:33:28
Bob wrote;
>I have not yet begun to terrorize.  Later tomorrow (er, this)
> afternoon.

Give 'em hell Bob, stand firm for raw vegetarianism.

>If you go into negative protein balance, you'll realize it
> --- the hair and nails will stop growing, and your brain will stop
> functioning clearly.

I think I'm probably answering this with my questions, but what
about during a fast?  I notice that my beard still grows & my
thinking is clear.  Is this the difference between fasting &
starving, & during true starvation does the hair/nail growth cease?

>Mother's milk varies in protein, but averages about 5.4 % on
> a caloric basis, 1 % on a volume basis.

While I'm thinking of this, I've recently become curious about the
cholesterol content (if any) of raw plant foods.  Anybody know what
these levels are?  What are the components the body uses to
fabricate cholesterol from?

Bob:
>I had just got done trying to convince poor Axel to go
> without much fruit for a month to let his digestion recover
>from fruit overload.  He seems to have an candida problem.

He could follow your advice, or another thing might be to fast for a
couple of days so as to flush out the glycogen storage pool
(normally having a capacity of about 2500 calories) & then eating
fruit again but being careful not to top off the tank.  The secret
is to eat it in moderation.

--Doug Schwartz