RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 01:34:55 EST
Doug,

>Bob Avery is probably the one to ask, & when
>he gets back from terrorizing his kin in Toledo after Xmas he may be
>able to help.

I have not yet begun to terrorize.  Later tomorrow (er, this) afternoon.
If you go into negative protein balance, you'll realize it --- the hair
and nails will stop growing, and your brain will stop functioning
clearly.  When that happes, just eat a little more protein.  No need to
measure it with calipers.

>Bohdi a while back pointed out that
>protein requirements are maximal during infancy, & that milk only
>has something like 12% protein

Mother's milk varies in protein, but averages about 5.4 % on a caloric
basis, 1 % on a volume basis.

>(Bohdi?  EARTH TO BOHDI, COME IN BOHDI).

You'll be sorry, Doug.  I guess you must have that new hard disk
installed!

>I don't think you should eat little fruit, I think you should eat
>mostly fruit (low protein is in fact one of the reasons I think this
>way).  But if your question is changed around a little to: designing
>a diet with just enough protein, I think that Nature has already
>done this: fruit.

I had just got done trying to convince poor Axel to go without much fruit
for a month to let his digestion recover from fruit overload.  He seems
to have an candida problem.

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])