RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Dec 1996 02:50:47 -0300
Doug Schwartz wrote:

>I conclude:
>a) we can state with near certainty that all fruit does not work
>b) it seems to me that if a wide array of plant foods grown on
>well-mineralized soils is consumed, most all will do fine
>(particularly if they are getting sufficient sunlight)
>c) it may indeed be true that some individuals need small amounts of
>RAF (or maybe even cooked foods), but I suspect that
>poorly-mineralized soils and/or lack of sunlight are the problems,
>not a lack of RAF.

This sounds good. What do you recommend to prevent the probelms associated
with poorly-mineralized soils we all eat food from? Seaweed maybe? Is this
enough? The first time I encountered this idea was in a TC Fry's magazine,
he said we should eat some seaweed because after milennia the soils of the
planet are low in key minerals, but we can still get them from the sea,
where they have gone.
Also in the Survival of Civilization, the author shows the results of the
tests for minerals in the food grown on remineralized soil in comparison
with regualar soils. The difference for some elements was astonishing.

Axel
axel makaroff