RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 1996 04:49:31 EDT
From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
>Submitted to veg-raw by: Dean Fienberg <[log in to unmask]>
>Does anyone here take prescribed medications ontop of their raw food
>diet?  If so, does it seem to work O.K.?
>I've been trying for some time now to work through depression on a raw
>food diet alone.  Though I've noticed improvement, depression still
>remains a problem.  I used to take anti-depressants on my old standard
>diet and they seemed to help.  But I fear they might seem too foreign
>to my body now that it's much more purified.  Anyone have experience
with this sort of thing?  Or at least some ideas?

I recommend against medications.  All medications are poisons and will
screw up what you are trying to accomplish with your raw foods.  You will
find that you will require larger doses to achieve the effects you desire
because the body will resist these poisons vigorously and expel them more
quickly on the raw food diet, just as all toxins are expelled more
quickly on a raw food diet.

Raw food diet tip: Make sure your raw food is organically grown as much
as possible and try to keep your sweet fruit intake under 1.25#/day.  Eat
lots of leafy greens or concentrated greens (like Pines Green Energy).
Greens (and beans) contain Nature's antidepressants --- B-vitamins.

But as for depression, diet can't do everything.  30 minutes/day of hard
exercise will eliminate depression.  The only other remedy I know of is
prolonged fasting.  Take your choice.  I wish you well.
			Bob Avery