RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:12:56 -0700
From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Thomas E. Billings wrote:
> I have met a number of people who view their (sometimes serious) illness
> as a blessing, because it caused them to change their lives for the better.
> They learned a lot about themselves, and life, in the process. It is a
> tough way to learn, but if such an opportunity visits you, it is wise
> to take advantage of it.

I agree with you, Tom. I don't think it is necessary to be ill to be
creative, but I am grateful for my years of mental illness because it
brought me the insight into to the biological basis of mental illness as
a result of correlating my illness with my knowledge of neurophysiology.
I find many are not accepting the Toxic Mind Theory because of their
denial about their own mental health, but it will serve to help those who
are ready to hear because of their own suffering. Many are still mentally
ill because they have not 'hit a bottom.'

My best,   Ellie