RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
29 Jul 1996 07:15:40 PDT
From:

VE>Would you ask your wife to share the proportions of water to oat groats for
VE>overnight soaking?  I often  got hypoglycemic when I ate fruit only for
VE>breakfast.  Have you ever had that problem?
VE>Thanks,
VE>Sandy

Hi Sandy,

Norman Walker never gave proportions when he suggested this method for
making oatmeal. I take that to mean that it is a personal preference
thing. We use a cup of oat groats to 2 cups of water. I am not sure what
you mean by hypoglycemic, if you mean headaches, loss of energy,
irritability - symptoms of low blood sugar - then I would say no. My
wife, Cheryl, is an adult-onset diabetic so we watch this sort of thing
very carefully. The only indication we have is her blood sugar level and
it has come down closer to normal since we have changed our eating
habits. We both feel much better, our energy level is much higher, we
are both in much better spirits (she used to be depressed all the time)
and we can only attribute this to eating nothing but fruit until noon
since that was the major change that we made in our eating habits. We
also don't have a formal breakfast. We usually blend together several
different fruits for a "smoothie" when we first get up, then we will eat
more fruit whenever we feel hungry in the morning. Our breakfast lasts
until noon, but we take many breaks.

Hugo