RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 1997 12:15:54 +0200
From:
Denis PEYRAT <[log in to unmask]>
Peter, what a good idea that you waited  for me being on the list before
posting the lies of Mr Comby. A tissue of lies where the lack of finesse of
Mr Comby can hardly hide a web of  contradictions. The truth is that Mr
Comby can hardly justify why he stayed such  a long time in Montram?,
knowing all that he knew. He pretends he just suspected  what was going on,
but he was probably one of the most  informed, after GCB himself and his
closest guard. Actually he was one of the more active in informing
everybody. Slipping confidences and secrets about what was really going on
in Montrame  was an integral part of his  strategy to get consideration
from other people, including myself ( I granted him my consideration only
on the basis of the information he provided me on Montam?) and  the "cooked
world"  ( I realized the  full ambiguity of the personnage  much later
during an incident at the annual convention of his institute, where he
publicly reckoned that GCB was fornicating with children..) Of course Bruno
was never there when "IT" really  happened ,  so he was lacking , as he
kept saying to me "tangible  proofs" but he also told me that " he knew
enough to put Burger in jail"  and give him serious trouble with the fiscal
authorities.  Was he just bragging ? There were too many details in his
stories, and not enough imagination in his mind, to make me think he was
playing the important guy.  Bruno perfectly  knew the young couple who
recently decided to speak and to lodge a complaint : he was (and I was)  in
Montram? seven years ago when the young couple was there.  The difference
between Bruno and I is that what he told me (and I sincerely  owe it to him
to have warned me, which ,  I admit, makes my denunciation look a little
base...    ) made me run away from the place ( and incidentally gave me the
impetus to start seven years of research on Burger's plagiarism ), whereas
his sole reaction was to lay back  and take a good time at Montram?. I
remember having asked him to justify his own indolence in respect of the
whole matter, as he gradually introduced me seven years ago to the reality
described in the recent article of l'Express, and he could not say
something else than "I'm here for the sake of science". From this moment
onward, I knew he was  a little " touched". Actually he  was half sincere.
He really thought he could do something bigger  than Burger, since he
didn't have the judicial antecedents that Burger was dragging behind him
since he left Switzerland.  The other half of the truth was that he was
grabbing all the advantages of being at Montram?, at a time when everything
was free and available for the "permanents".  Of course when the wind
turned, and he was asked to either work for the community, ( and not simply
picking up all available information to write his books ) , or to leave the
castle, he choose  to leave. But GCB's perversion  was never instrumental
in his decision to leave the place.

There is of course much more to say on the  ambiguous relationships between
Comby and GCB, this mixture of devotion and envy which prompted  Comby to
remain silent for years. As it also prompted many people in the secret of
god Burger  to remain silent as well.  I'm no psychologist and I have no
interest in him except that he is an interesting exemple of how an
intelligent guy can become a silent  accomplice to a criminal.
Those of you who are interested by the personality of Mr Comby can ask
Peter to put on the list those messages which, on behalf of my
ill-intentions vis a vis Comby, he deemed not objective .

I would not have written  this message had not Peter naively considered
the lies of Comby  as an expression of his "frankness". I have tried to
put up the case in a way that is as "unemotional",  as "detached",  i.e. as
"american", as is possible for me to do , taking into account how dear
these ideas are to my mind, and how sad I'm to realize that these ideas
hopefully hold much more positive prospects  than the self declared
european leaders  of this movement .

Denis