RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 29 May 1997 21:02:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>

Stefan:
>Conclusion: Peter, if your instincts currently aren't going for RAF,
>then RELAX! If you are forcing yourself now you will experience only
>what your body does if it doesn't need the food you are offering. The
>best case would be an immediate stop (if your RAF is instincto
>quality), the worst case a much too heavy detoxification, really
>bringing you down. If you ever want to have a lucky experience then
>WAIT for your body develo-ping a real need for RAF. I think nobody
>here on the list doubts that you are able to attack it then, so just
>lean back (as you plan to do with mode-ration) and see what comes.
>Give it a year if necessary. In the meantime Cassia would speed up
>your detox and perhaps (but really perhaps) the need would come
>earlier if you use Cassia as much as possible.

Stefan, I appreciate your well thought out advice - it makes a lot of
sense, and I will surely give it some more consideration should my
present attempts fail. However, it is my understanding from my two
local RAF gurus that making pates is the way to go for those who are
having initial problems eating RAF and that most of those who try it
end up eating it (semi)instinctively when they after a while have
gotten a taste for it. And as I do not have much patience these days to
wait for the benefits of a dietary approach to kick in, the latter wins
hands down.

> It is often argued by vegans that humans aren't
>able to digest RAF as their HCl production is not as strong as that of
>a predator (wrong argument in my oppinion.) But I conclude from this
>argument that indeed HCl is needed in high concentration to digest
>RAF.
>Wouldn't this supply the acidy environment needed to kill parasites
>contained in the RAF?

The HCL in the stomach is the stomach's first line of defense against
parastites. But even in people who have adequate amounts of it I
understand that some of the critters make it through to the small &
large intestine, which is why it is important that the environment is
acidic there as well.

Best, Peter