RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 1997 16:25:57 -0800
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Kirt, Your comments are pretty much on the mark but unfortunately do
not further much dialogue. You blanket condemnation of Stephen does not
give him any space to maneuver in or to explain himself, and I think
his response to you very predictably will be that of a cornered animal.
Indeed, this is no war and even though I think Stephen had it coming to
him when he chose to continue with the old NFL chest-beating style of
rhetoric, when the dialogue stops we all loose.
Kirt, now that have discharged some of your inner distress maybe you
can explain how come you were so offended by Stephen's choice of words
and explain a bit about what was driving your sense of outrage? I do
not think he has much concept of how his words can hurt & anger other
people and is probably by now so used to people flying off the handle
when it comes to discussing NFL's social values that he does not give
it a second thought. It probably only confirms his beliefs that this
planet is a pretty crazy place to be on and that it is way overdue for
the thinning out the herd of the likes of RAF - and cooked food eaters
who refuse to grasp the simple truth that fruits are the mainstay of
man's natural diet. Now instead of feeding into this and furthering a
frenzy of polarization and marginalization of the issues, the challenge
to us all is in spite of our individual feelings of righteousness to
back up our posts with more content and less shouting and name-calling.
If that still does not help at least then we will know that our
opponents, whoever they may be, backed down not out of intimidation but
out of a lack of words. In the silence that follows, who knows, maybe
an inner voice of reason & reconciliation will be heard.
So Kirt, back on the horse and lead us by your shining example. ;-)

Best, Peter
[log in to unmask],com