RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 03 Jan 1997 00:06:13
From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>>
Bob Avery mistakenly claims:
>As for your other question, the best book on acid/alkaline  issues I've
>seen is "Acid & Alkaline" by Herman Aihara, who is a macrobiotics guy,
>but I don't hold it against him.  You just have to recognize
> his biases and adjust for them when you read the book.

I disagree, that book is pretty screwy by any NH standard, & it
appears to be pretty inaccurate, unscientific, and (dare I say?)
non-Western :^(    I'm not sure what I would recommend, other than a
general exposure to Herbert Shelton's nutritional writings.

On food drying, I would mention that when first trying to go raw
there is a normal tendency to go for foods with concentrated
calories, but that dried foods are no way comparable to fresh foods.
 All sorts of stuff gets changed for the worse, regardless of what
temp. they are dried at.  Dried is O.K. as a transitional food, but
there are problems with it.  But I'll be the first to admit that I'm
not always a good boy when it comes to avoiding dried fruits.

--Doug Schwartz