From:
Paul Groschen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1997 18:09:40 -0600

Summary of GF Fast Food responses:
10 people responded

Use the info at your own risk

MacDonalds-      fries may not be GF, beef patties for Arch Deluxe, Quarter
Pounder, and Regular hamburger seem GF
McDonalds-        milkshakes (except for Choc.) are GF; sundaes (caramel,
hot fudge &strawberry) are alright
Dairy Queen-       soft ice cream and yougart are gluten free.
Taco Bell-           beans with no sauce and Tostado seem GF
Wendys-             chili, baked potatoes, and side salad without the cheese
are okay
Kentucky Fried Chicken- is not GF.

Humorous Reply
How to survive at McDonalds:

> So, what I've done is this - I've
>gone into McDonald's here and ordered a Big Mac, no bun.  Wait till you see
>the looks on their faces.  They think it's a joke, and then they're looking
>at their keypad as if they'll find Big Mac, no bun on there.  I did speak
>with the manager before arriving the first time, just to make sure they'd do
>this.  I've been in several times since, and although it takes a minute or
>two to convince them they just pile everything into the box except for the
>bun, they're alright with it.  I usually get the Hot Mustard sauce to spread
>on top, just to make it more juicy.  It's not bad, actually!  I do miss the
>bun, though, but oh well.
>Deb

Paul Groschen    St. Paul,  MN