From:
Susan Krauss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 14:52:03 -0800

I was excited to see the Matzah Ball and Matza recipes, until I saw that
one had egss and the other had butter - both ingrediants I can't have.

I've been told that for Matzah to be Kosher for Passover, it should only be
made from flour and water - no other ingrediants - and it must be done
within 18 minutes from when the water is added to the flour (out of the oven).

So I'm looking for a recipe for Matzah that's just gf-flour and water - I
don't know what proportions to use and how hot to make the oven.

As I can't eat any of the flours thar allowed on Passover, the rabbi said
to use whatever gf flour I could tolerate - we're going to experiment with
potato flour and rice flour to start.

I have searched the archives and have not found a recipe for Matzah that's
just flour and water so I'm hoping someone out there has one.

And if someone can figure out how to make matzah balls without eggs, please
let me know!

Thanks,
susan

Susan Krauss
KRAUSS RESEARCH | 6114 La Salle Ave., Ste. 413 Oakland CA 94611-2802
Phone:  510-482-8760 | Fax:  510-482-3593
[log in to unmask]      http://www.hooked.net/~skrauss