RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 16:57:55 -0700
You wrote:
Kirlian photos
Raw meat shows brown energy, going in; cooked meat has a black aura -
it sucks energy from you. This shows that you don't have to eat meat
for it to drain your energy!

I personally do not approve of color discrimination - some of my nicest
clothes are brown and black. :-) I wonder whether foods that we know
for sure are pretty bad, like spam or white sugar, will show the same
color patterns. Even though I do not eat meat myself, I believe the
judge is still out regarding (raw) meat eating. All modern paleolithic
and anthropologic evidence suggests that man is an opportunistic
scavenger at best (and a classic omnivore at worst). I would love,
though, to see some evidence to the contrary.

 The most important element is oxygen, as you will quickly
>die without it. You get this from breathing; oxygen levels are down
50%>from 100 years ago.

Does anybody know where Brian gets this figure from? It seems a little
steep to me.

Fruit is *NOT* the ideal diet. We learned this the hard way. We
>noticed that people with certain diseases - diabetes, candida,
hormonal cancers, and others, did *not* get well when on a diet that
was high in fruit. We had to abandon fruit, and it created political
problems for us, as we foolishly recommended it for years.>

Brian makes a leap of faith here. Just because a diet high in fruit is
not good for people with certain diseases, does not mean that healthy
people would not thrive on the exact same diet.

>Modern fruit has 30 times the sugar level of its wild ancestor.

30 times!? Who says? - I am glad I did not live in ancient times. Fruit
then must have tasted awful. :-) Cherimoyas and durians I believe are
non - hybridized, original fruits, and I am sure that there are many
others. Can anybody enlighten me on this issue?

This is because fruit is hybridized for sugar content; we are all
addicted to sugar. The 2nd problem with fruit is the pancreas.

What I think Brian is saying here is that once the pancreas has been
damaged by too much sugar consumption , it can not fully regenerate. I
wonder why not? I would like to believe that as the body gets cleaned
out and heals itself its tolerance to fruits will rise (without the
person going crazy in the process, of course :-)).

There are 8 times the protein deficiencies among meat eaters
compared to vegetarians.

What is Brian's reference on this one? I thought protein defeciencies
were pretty rare.

Tom, I am sorry to see you leave the list. I am new to the list, but
have already come to appreciate your postings. Best of luck to you!

                                  Best regards, Peter Brandt