RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ellie Rotunno <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 09 Jun 1997 18:50:26 -0700

> Ellie:
> My toxic mind is detoxing. I'm getting better.

> Is your recovery mostly the result of NH or II. N. or are other factors more
> important in your case?

Other factors..Yes, not just in my case, but in everyone's case. No one
is exempt from a somewhat toxic mind. Civilization has caused the
repression of emotions. Wild animals don't appear to have emotional
problems. They kill for food, but not to release rage.
 My recovery is primarily due to my having 'hit a bottom' with
co-dependent relationships, ie.  Co-dependent relationships are
reenatments of our relationships with our original caretakers. My
relationship with my parents was sick. My mother abandoned me emotionally
and physically and my father was abusive. As an adult I unconsciously
chose people who were like them in order to have my anger (now rage) at
my parents. The symptoms of my mental disorders were also for this
purpose. (a bit hard to explain here) Anyway, my real recovery began when
I went to ACOA and got into therapy that allowed me to reenact childhood
traumas and send my justifiable anger toward my parents (long dead, but
in therapy I could do this) Once the rage is gone, so also are the
symptoms, the toxic mind detoxifies. Eating nutritious food I think helps
the detox process, because good nurtients flush out the toxins in the
brain. Many of the toxins are endogenous, but some in the hypothalamus,
which is not protected by the blood brain barrier, are exogenous. BTW,
this process is very preventive of so-called physical disease, including
cancer, since the sympathetic nervous system controls so my functions.
Women with breast cancer do much better, for example, if they get into
therapy and release emotions. No matter how good our diets are, they may
fail us if we have toxic minds. So, my advice to all... don't stuff your
feelings of anger and if they are intense, they probably need to be
redirected.

My best, Ellie