RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 04 Jun 1997 15:01:19 -0800
Hi again Tom,
Thanks for your reply.  I especially liked this sentence:
> Cultivate the positive in your life, and the negative part will wither like
> neglected plants.

Sometimes, though, it seems the two cannot be separated.  One example
that springs to mind is the following:
I am a woman who expects to begin menopause in the next 5-10 years. I
may think, "I should avoid denatured foods because I believe (or fear)
they will exacerbate the unpleasant side of menopause" (negative), or, "I
want to focus on natural and wholesome foods because I believe (or
hope) this will help me experience menopause more pleasantly than I'm
seeing some of my friends doing" (positive), but really, these statements
are just the flip side of the same thing.  Actually, I'm picturing the Tao
symbol:  (S), both sides completing the same truth (if indeed it is a truth,
which I don't know).  True, I could train my mind on the positive side, but
the negative side is always there behind the scenes, like Jung's shadow.
BTW, what does sangha (spiritual community) mean?

>Awareness of a problem is the first step towards a solution. The
>difficulty in the raw movement is that so many of us are attached to
>dogma or ideology, and/or we are in denial about our problems.

True, but if you are aware of the problem, what is the second step?

Tom:
>The best (in my opinion):
>Conscious Eating by Gabriel Cousens
>Living Foods for Optimal Health, by Brian Clement
>and a tie - Survival by Viktoras, and Rebuild Your Health by Ann
> Wigmore.

Thanx for these sources.  I've heard enough about Conscious Eating that
it looks like that's going into my reading pile too, which is getting more
daunting by the day!

Cheers,
Martha