RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deborah Boyar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 May 97 11:07:52 -0700
Peter said:
>Pat, you have a strong wit and powerful command of the English language
>I can only envy but it sometimes can be a little intimidating for the
>less educated and verbally endowed like myself.

I would hardly characterize you as "less educated and verbally endowed"
than Pat, Peter.

>You would be surprised how few people feel safe to speak up for
>themselves in a forum such as this. Besides, I spoke up because your
>sarcasm made me, Peter, feel uncomfortable.

I'm glad you did.  I too have difficulty feeling safe (in many of life's
fora, not just this one!) and I think our rules here help us to keep
mutual respect and tolerance alive.  I appreciate the way you remind us
of them.

>I am not sure how to
>remedy this. As a moderator I cannot please everybody but if I observe
>some people feeling unfairly treated but who are unable to listen to
>(my definition of) reason, mend their ways or involve themselves in (my
>definition of)constructive dialogue, then all I can do is to call the
>shots as I see them and hope that somebody will call me on it if they
>see me being out of line or not living up to my own principles (or
>better principles) and practicing what I preach.

You're doing a fine job, in my opinion.

We're all very sensitive and full of wounds.  Compassion, please!!!

>From the heart,
Deborah