RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Eric (Ric) Lambart" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 1997 11:17:24 -0800 (PST)
Bohdi...

Some interesting posts from the archives.  This one got into some of the
former, but now defunct, raw retaurant ventures in your home town.

In your discussion you wondered about raw tortillas.

Used to make 'em in large batches for our raw food potlucks down here.

My best luck was to use fresh corn, but lacking same, can use dried corn,
making the meal yourself, or sprouting and grinding same, or, of course,
you can cut corners by using the already ground meal...I always use blue
hopi corn (like the taste and color).

Don't even need to use your dehydrator with these, but have not found out
how to make the c/meal hold together without using freshly ground flaxseed
meal in the mix.

A heck of a lot more work than using raw nori sheets, but much tastier and
you don't have to re-beautify your choppers right after eating the corn
tortilla rolls, whereas the darned nori makes you look like you've got
holes in your front teeth much of the time.

Later,

Gator ric