RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tiina Makela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 1997 02:38:09 +0000
Me:
> >OK, then I suggest that name of the list should be changed
> >into something else than veg-raw (e.g. rawfoods), so nobody will
> >be mistaken to assume this is a vegetarian list; I`m certainly
> >not the only one who thought this is such a list.

Kirt:
> I'm sorry about the offensiveness of the RAF talk, but, as you point out,
> veg-raw is probably a misnomer when compared to the list charter which has
> nothing to do with plant foods only. I truly am not out to offend folks,
> but one might respect that veg-raw (which is soon to be called food-raw as
> I remember from earlier news posted by our list moderator) is the only
> forum for exchange of raw food info at this time. One solution might be
> simply to delete any message from the posters, like myself, who engage in
> RAF banter.

I haven`t read the list regularly, so I have missed messages concerning
the name of the list. I`m not an "ethical vegetarian" so in that sense I`m
not_offended_  by RAF posts. To be honest I  find such a talk ...
disgusting. I`m sorry to say that. I just can`t understand people
(except the Inuit) eating raw meat.

Tiina Makela