RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 07 May 1997 08:25:51 +0200
From:
"Karl-W. Geitz" <[log in to unmask]>
Stefan, Jean Louis,

> > I agree stronly! I know several Instinctos who admit that they are not able
> > to kill an animal themselves to get the meat. I consider this to be a dis-
> I agree that eating animals and never killing any sounds like cheating
> to me. When eating meat, our appetite, our willingness to eat should
> prevail over the reluctance to kill the animal.

AFAIK all Instinctos prefer older RAF. This is true for mammals,
eggs, fish and seafood.

And I have read in a scientific publication that in Africa a lot
of old meat is (or at least was) lying around. The predators
mostly don't eat all of a prey. And some big pieces, elephant for
example, can lie around for a week or so.

And all of us (IMHO) share a reluctance against killing.

In another place I read about the three states of meat: fresh,
ripe and carrion. The predators prefer it fresh, then comes the
second wave of jackals and men, then comes the cleanup troup of
vultures and ants.

So I suppose that we are no predators. We couldn't use the fresh
meat. (At least not before the invention of fire and barbecue.)
We could possibly eat some of the innards or fresh eggs, but
that's all.

Karl