RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 08 Mar 1997 10:37:54 -0800
From:
ombodhi thoren st john <[log in to unmask]>
http://www.u.arizona.edu/~timothys/jerry_int.html
..

Paul Krassner: But always, underneath, there's another layer of mystery -
but everybody needs a metaphor for the mystery - so people who hear the
100th monkey story, say, well, the first young female monkey to wash off
the sweet potato was an Aires, and they have a certain pioneer spirit.

Jerry Garcia: What was the sweet potato saying to the monkey?

Paul Krassner: Help me to meet my sweet-potato-hood.

Jerry Garcia: Help me get the skin off.

Paul Krassner: The truth is, those monkeys needed all of that sand on the
sweet potatoes for roughage in their diet - then these meddling
anthropologists come along - now there's islands full of constipated
monkeys.

Jerry Garcia: Now the monkeys just love the anthropologists. They take
their lunch. They don't even f**k with the sweet potatoes anymore.

Paul Krassner: They take their laxatives anyway.

Jerry Garcia: Japanese monkeys hooked on Ex-Lax.

Paul Krassner: That could be a theme for a Dead concert ... What picture
would you paint right now?

Jerry Garcia: Well. let's see, we should be on enormous divans with silk
cushions all over, surrounded by nubile maidens feeding us peeled grapes,
with huge bubbly hookahs.

Paul Krassner: You didn't have to think about that image very long, did
you?

Jerry Garcia: No, no, all I had to do was tune in to that rock 'n' roll
place where things happen.

Paul Krassner: And so as we look around the room we see some young female
monkeys washing sweet potatoes in the salt water bathtub.