RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 10:39:42 -0800
From:
[log in to unmask] (Nature's First Law)
Rene,

Thank you for your comments regarding Tom Billings' interpretation of the
cover of our book.

I believe that what a person gets out of our book is directly proportional
to what s/he takes into it.

For example, hard-core christians have come up to me at lectures, book
signings, etc. and told me that they have a problem with the cover of our
book.  They say, "You're trying to portray that we come from apes, but we
come from god."

Actually, we're trying to portray that it's more healthy to be out in a
forest, climbing trees, and eating fruit than being cooped up in some
artificial cave, with artificial lighting, in a three-piece suit, breathing
polluted air, and eating cooked food.

Tom Billings, a.k.a. "Anonymous SF LIFE book reviewer," does not like us.
We have had prior e-mail with him and we were not "civil" (milquetoast)
enough so he would delete our e-mails unread.  He says we shouldn't be up
in the trees picking avocados, we shouldn't be standing on the branches,
and we shouldn't be calling our organization Nature's First Law.  Dude, get
a life!

He believes that Nature's REAL First Law is: Survival of the Fittest.
Survival of the Fittest doesn't exist anymore -- not even close.  In fact,
in today's world, society goes out of their way to make sure that Survival
of the Unfittest takes place.

Sure, our cover is pretty outrageous and shocking to some.  Good!  As you
can see, people bring in their prejudices and go from there.

I came up with the idea for the cover one morning in the shower -- I
thought it would be something totally new for a raw-foods book (I'm sure
people are getting tired of seeing just a bunch of fruits and vegetables on
the cover of books -- I sure am!).  We walked out of the forest that day
with two great rolls of film and over 400 avocados -- all of which were
from off the ground.

You haven't lived until you've ran nude through an avocado forest!  There
were so many leaves on the ground, it was like running on a surface of
pillows!

Until next time,

Cooked food is poison!

Stephen Arlin