RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 1997 21:39:43 -0800
From:
[log in to unmask] (Nature's First Law)
Kirt wrote:

>The phrase "too natural" is kind of oxymoronic, no?

>...experiment intelligently with cooked foods...

Talk about an oxymoron!  Experimenting with unnatural foods is what got
humanity into this mess.

>Since you feel that humans are naturally fruitarians I make the following
>assumption: you have aspired to that ideal (100% fruit diet) in the past
>and met with less than 100% success and began including some vegetables in
>your diet. If so, how did you come to (and accept) the conclusion that it
>was OK to eat veggies regularily?  Did it bother you that you didn't get
>along >perfectly on 100% fruit even though it was the natural diet for
>humans?

Most days, I'm 100% fruit but I have never been 100% fruit for an extended
period of time.  I eat more vegetables and nuts than my partners David and
R.C. because I'm into heavy weight-lifting and hiking and if I was eating
100% fruit it would be much more difficult to maintain my muscle mass and
my 6'2" 200 lb. body (I used to weight 240 when I was cooked -- I was never
fat, but I guess I had 40 extra lbs. of internal pollution to get rid of!).
I believe that a 100% fruit diet is the best diet for a natural human.
When I said that a 100% fruit diet would be "too natural," I meant it in
the same sense like when you take away someone's cooked medication and give
them a piece of fruit instead and they die -- of course the medication is a
ridiculous substance to be ingesting and fruit is our natural food but the
cooked-food mutant couldn't handle it -- it's "too natural."  Most of
humanity is deformed and debased and they would die if they suddenly gave
up their poisons and ate all fruit.  But hey, that's the way in which
Nature works.  Survival of the Fittest remains an eternal biological truth.

Take care,

Stephen Arlin
Nature's First Law
http://www.io-online.com/~nature