RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 07 Jan 1997 00:00:07
From:
Douglas Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>>
This is good stuff, & until I saw it with my own eyes, I had trouble
accepting Bob Avery's (R.I.P) contention that vegetables are real
high in protein.  Somehow Bob's ghost keeps posting here, & I hate
to say it but it looks like we may have to perform an electronic
exorcism soon.  These can be pretty tricky, & things can get real
ugly if they get out of hand.  We'll just have to play it by ear for
now & hope the time does not come when we have to perform one.  But
I'm not optimistic & 	fear this is probably inevitable.

I should point out that probably the reason nuts/seeds are
surprisingly low in protein as a % of total calories is that fats
are so high in them. This does not mean nuts/seeds are low-protein.

And the reason vegetables may be so high in % protein probably does
not mean they are high-protein foods, only that they are low in
carbs. & fats.  All this confirms my suspicions that any magical
ingredients in meat are no so much proteins, but other substances,
especially fats.  And I think the ghost of Bob is on the right track
with his interpretation that this all suggests that we should tilt
the balance of our diets heavily towards fruits.

--Doug Schwartz