RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 03 Dec 1996 17:24:18 -0800
>>> - <[log in to unmask]> 11/28/96 11:46am >>>
>(snip) ... when I hear Ray Kent, of  all people, being admiringly quoted
>for having said, "there will never  be peace on earth as long as
>humans eat meat"

I seem to remember Socrates arguing the same point (that meat-eating
leads to war), but being Plato-impaired, I can't remember which book it is.
 He was talking about animal agriculture, not indigenous-type hunting, but
I can see how it could be true then, too, humans being the territorial
critters that we are.

>... which is not only  complete nonsense and an insult to all indigenous
>peoples, but also a  statement that only serves to promote more
>polarization & conflict in a  world already saturated with strife, I have to
>speak up.  For too long  we have allowed hypocrisy & zealatory to
>proliferate in our community.

>Best, Peter [log in to unmask]

Cheers,
Martha