RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 01:09:30 EST
Peter,

>A vegan that is not ready to try RAF at least for a period of time is in
my opinion not willing to walk his talk.

This is really twisted logic.  You'd make a great politician!  In order
to walk my talk, you tell me I have to unwalk my talk!  No thanks, Peter,
this makes no sense whatsoever.

>you are just not ready to let go of your vegan belief systems quite yet.

What vegan belief systems are you talking about?  I ate animals for 40+
years!  I ate part of one as recently as March!

>I have the same experience whenever I eat less, but my guess is that
>if  you start to feel lethargic it is a sign that we you not eating
>enough.

Not true in my case.

>For example is poor hygiene really the main reason that they so often
>succumb to infectious diseases?

Herbert Shelton told a story in one of his lectures about how he and some
of his hygienic friends had made several trips to Mexico, eating the
native produce, without any cases of Montezuma's revenge or other
tropical diseases occurring.

>One day our technology might be so advanced that we will be able to
>colonize other planets, but unless we get help from some alien beings,
>this will not happen in time to save this planet from its present
>woes.

The technology already exists, we just aren't using it.

>they still ate some meat. Why if not for the nutritional value? Scarcity
>and cold & hostile climates were not issues back then.

Maybe for kicks?  The same reason a majority (or near majority) of the
world's population now drinks Cocal Cola or Pepsi?

>How will you determine the validity of this statement if you are not
>willing to take a closer look at yourself and your inner motivations &
>drives?

This has already been done.

>It seems to me that you so far have only proved to have a
>well-developed ability to project your own feelings of guilt on to
>anybody who dares to seriously differ with you on this subject.

I don't know what you are talking about.  What have I done to feel guilty
for?  Why should I have guilt feelings at all?

>Along with lots of junk food too, I am sure.  Besides, we are taking
>RAF not CAF.

Comes from the same source.  How is RAF karmically different from CAF?
Nolo comprende.

>Besides where is your pioneer spirit?

Right here where it belongs --- on vegraw --- eating raw foods and
running the M2M.

>>>But since there has never been a time in hominid development where
>>>animal foods did not play if just a small role in the diet, it would
>>>seem that they were also needed for their nutritional value.

>>Really?  You could make a similar statement by substituting the words
>>"alcoholic beverages" for "animal foods."  Would you still agree?

>Come on that was a cheap shot. :-(

No it wasn't .  I'm serious.

>P.S. Bob, In the all the catching up I forget to congratulate you on
>your new job as NH M2M coordinator. I do not think that Ward could
>have found somebody more well-suited than you to take on the task, and I
>trust that you will lead the M2M to new heights of excellence.

Thank you.  You may feel differently after reading the above!  (:-(

Bob Avery ([log in to unmask])