RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 1996 22:05:30 -0500
>>Pottenger's experiment? Seriously, if it's really valid, I have always
>>wondered how there must be thousands if not millions of house cats
>>survive on store-bought cat chow for generation after generation.

>Indoor cats are usually spaded & neutered, and if not they usually do
>not have much of a social life that would lead to any reproductive
>activities anyway, so that leaves us with outdoor cats who supplement
>their diet with some RAF; in fact to such a degree that the bird
>population in the American suburbs is dwindling rapidly, which is why
>all outdoor cats should wear little bells.

No kidding about the dwindling bird population, huh, Peter? Interesting, I
had no idea. There is so much purple bird poop all over my car most of the
year from the mulberry trees next to our driveway, you would never know in
my neck of the woods. :)

Hmmm... I guess that still leaves the suburban squirrels and rabbits for
Kirt and I, then, eh? :-) (Sorry we weren't able to leave anything else
behind for you, Peter... we were just too hungry. :-) ) I'll leave the
big-game rabbits to Kirt, though. After all, it's gonna be a big enough
jump for me just graduating from the flyswatter, roach-stomping, and
mouse-trapping. Squirrels ain't no small-fry to me... (mebbe a deep-fat
fry, though) :)

--Ward Nicholson <[log in to unmask]> Wichita, KS