RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Dec 96 11:38:28 PST
Meredith wrote:
> I was also thinking about how eating processed/cooked food has
so many other
> destructive factors to consider. Here are some consequences...
> 1.)  The packaging is a waste of paper.
> 2.)  Companies that package use/waste many resources.
> 3.)  People who eat lots of junk might be tired the following day
thus
> decreasing productivity (what a manger might think)
> 4.)  Eating more processed food increases the need for toilet paper
> 5.)  Cooking food takes energy, so higher gas and/or electric  bills.
> 6.)  Buying "Nabisco" is making some CEO really rich.
> 7.)  More processed food makes for more household garbage.
> and so on.  Anyone care to add to the list?

Sure, I'll byte.
8)  Cooking food means we "need" an oven, stovetop, microwave,
toaster, can opener, coffee maker & grinder, pots & pans, cookie jar,
waffle iron, you name it, cluttering up our lives, taking up our space,
needing cleaning, generally messing with our serenity.
If we're instinco, vegan quasi-instincto, or just generally eat food as
Gaia provides it, we also don't "need" juicers (citrus & other), blender,
food processor, countless small utensils.

Cheers,
Martha