RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 1996 01:28:05 -0800
You wrote:

>>>Kirt has taken your personal attacks very gracefully and has given
>>>you no cause for you to treat him with such disdain.

>>WOW!  Are you biased or what?  Open your eyes.  He has given us very*
>>cause to treat him in such a fashion, both on this list and in
>>private e-mails.  We didn't pick him out, he *called* us out by
>>denouncing natural nutrition, our book, the late T.C. Fry, and
>>condoning crimes against Nature such as feeding innocent babies
>>raw-animal-foods.

>Kirt has never resorted to the kind of ad hominem attacks that has
>characterized your contentless posting. He has in a very respectful
>manner exercised his right to express how he differs with you, and
>your response has been childish name-calling.

>>>You need to lighten up...

>>That's the forth time someone on this list has said that.  As long as
>>there are monkeys in cages, rubber nipples in babys' mouths, and kids
>>eating hot-dogs, we will do no such thing.

>The painful lesson of history is that the goal does not justify the
>means. One can only hope that your insistance on acting out like
>spoiled brats will instigate some mentor of yours to bring you up and
>teach you some lessons on common decency in time before your teenage
>antics turn into fascist demagogue.

>>>As moderator I have to insist that you fully identify yourselves in
>>>each signature. I need to know exactly who is writting your posts,
>>>and only one name will be accepted for each post. Thank you!

>>Oops!  You didn't sign your post...

>Hey, I am not perfect, but at least I do not try to hide my insecurity
>behind some group identify.

>>Later on,

>>Stephen, David, & R.C.
>>Nature's First Law

>>Don't worry, we won't be posting to veg-raw for a while.  A
>>raw-foodist friend of ours, Col. J.D. Barkley, will be taking over
>>for us while we're out of town.

>Sorry guys, this is not acceptable. Though you will find PFL (Peter's
>First Law) to be a lot more merciful than NFL.

The above exchange should not have been be posted to the list. When I
responded I did not realize I was responding to private email from NFL.
I apologize for my indiscretion and whatever embarrassment I might have
caused.  I also might have responded a little differently had I known
it was for my eyes only and seen in this new light, I do detect a
slight consiliary tone in the post. Maybe not enough to make a
difference but credit should be given where credit is due.