RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 1997 00:30:14 GMT
Ellie:
>. I think
>there is a physicist on this list. I hope he might post whether all
>magnetic fields are actually electrical fields. I could be wrong about
>this.

Lynton:
I'm not a physicist, but I remember being taught that when a conductor moves
in a magnetic field, electrical potential is generated  in the conductor.
So then, electricity flows under these circumstances if there is some form
of closed circuit.
Conversly, current flowing thru a conductor causes a magnetic field around
the conductor. (The polarity of the mag. field is dependant on the flow of
the current, and on the direction of the windings (it the conductor is wound).
That's how I remember it anyway.

regards,
Lynton