RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:42:26 +0000
Hi Vickie, Trish, Martha and all others,

Trish:
>>My own hypothesis is that the bleeding is a detox and I'd have to
>>be raw and living in a very pristine environment to stop bleeding.

Vickie:
><sound of jaw dropping to the floor>

>Whaaaaaaaaaaaatt?? I've heard a lot of silly/strange/creepy
>things on this mailing list, but this takes the, er, sprouts!

>Lady, get thee to a Reproductive web site, and learn
>*why* women have periods. If you're not having
>periods, something is *wrong*, not right. Any indication
>that women stop having periods while eating 100% raw
>would tell me immediately that the diet is dangerous and
>*extremely* unhealthy.

Vickie, calm down! No need to get so much excited. What's so im-
possible about the thought, that one tiny cell leaving your uterus
doesn't give a large bleeding while doing this?

Perhaps I shouldn't engage in this discussion any more, since I am
a man and all information I can give is from the instincto women I
happen to know. But I will throw in my two cents and the rest is on
the other members of the list then.

Martha, I again friendly invite you to share your experiences and
not making yourself worse than you are by saying, you are a poor
excuse for a raw fooder etc. Nobody is perfect.

First, I want to cite myself (:-)) in the original post:
>So what "everyone" knows might turn out to be the knowledge about
>99.9999 percent of the population of our planet: cooked fooders.

I guess, that the above cited "reproductive web site" has not the
faintest idea about experiences of women eating raw. Also the phe-
nomen of "detoxing cooked molecules" is denied by most conventional
M.D.s. They simply deny, that cooked molecules might be toxic or
at least useless for the human body.
There we are. We have to reevaluate most of the things we thought
we knew already.

Several instincto women in my town reported, that their menstruation
decreased on a raw regimen. Also they reported about PMS symptoms
to disappear. Another experience of them: the interval between men-
struations, which was 18 days in some cases, increased and seemed
to synchronize with the moon (28 days) after some months.

The younger they were, when they turned to raw food, the earlier
they made their observations. One 22 years old woman reported, that
her menstruation disappeared after only two months on raw. Elder
women mostly say, that the menstruation disappeared for some months,
then came back and stayed, but without PMS and with much less
bleeding. One elder woman reports, that her body slided into the
menopause without all of the ill effects, that are said to occur nor-
mally. It was a smooth, pleasant change.

Most of the women guess, that the menstruation is detoxing them,
like Trish did. Reason: if making cooked exceptions, the bleeding
increases and decreases again, if returning to raw.

My personal theory is, that the average lifespan of women which
is some years longer than that of men, is due to the additional
detox by menstruation.
Also losing blood monthly forces the body to produce fresh blood
cells. Looks like a very rejuvenating thing to me. I (as a man)
already considered donating blood on a regular basis to benefit
from the same effect.

Trish:
>Even then I wonder because it seems there are inevitably some toxins
>to dispose of.

Yes, but the normal way for them to leave your body would be through
the intestines and the kidneys.

Trish:
>I don't know about any other
>women but me, however.  It's one of things that proved to me my
>diet really did make a difference.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This reminds me again, how im-
portant it is, to frequently exchange experience with others who are
living in a similar way. I hope I could provide some useful informa-
tion for you, although it is second hand information in my case.

Vickie:
>I just couldn't keep quiet this time. I think what Trish
>wrote is an indication of the "zealotry" some of you
>have been talking about, and it's *really* creepy.

I don't think so. Unfortunately your post doesn't contain a single
bit of information about your own experience with menstruation on
raw food. May I humbly invite you, to give this to the list so that
all members can benefit from it?

Trish:
>(Stefan,I enjoy your posts, particularly your clever and friendly
>closings like the one below.)

Hopefully this is not because while reading my closing you enjoy
having finished my post. ;-)

Kind instinctive regards,

Stefan

P.S.: There is an instincto family in my country who wants to move
to the U.S. and is searching for contacts of U.S. residents. Also
they would like to share experience on living raw with others. They
are open to discussions about all issues, including the one of this
post. If some of the list members would like to get into contact
with them, please mail your snailmail address to me privately and I
will be glad to give it to this family. Exchange would be on a snail-
mail basis since they haven't got a reliable email access yet.