RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 1996 16:02:47 -0800
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Douglas, I have not yet checked out any of the sources on calorie
restriction you have sent my way, but I am critical of the rodent
studies which, according to my sources, are comparing calorie
restricted rodents in captivity on unnatural, probably cooked diets
with overfed rodents also in captivity and on bad diets. Nobody has
done calorie restriction studies comparing colorie restrictive captive
rodents on various diets with free rodents roaming around in their
natural environment on their natural raw diets. This might be tricky to
do, but until we know for sure know how old rodents get in their
natural environment, all we know is that rodents who eat smaller
amounts of unnatural foods live longer than rodents who eat larger
amounts unnatural foods.
Also, I find you overly focused on biomarkers as temperature &
heart rate, but there are many other indicators for how long we will
live such as lung capacity, kidney filtration rate, ratio of blood
lipids, glucose levels, strength of immune system, nerve conductivity,
muscle strength, hormon & enzyme levels etc. I am curious to know if
you or anyone else on calorie restictive diets have undergone any
comprehensive panels of biomarker testing to establish your actual,
biological age.

Best, Peter