RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 1997 19:43:49 -0400
It was pointed out to me (Tom, was it?) that the "chetday" website is a
good place for a beginner like myself.  I took the advice and read most of
the articles it offers.  They were indeed very, very informative and I am
greatful for your giving me the opportunity to see them.  Thank you.

I have one question that sort of follows what I read there: I count on
having sprouts be a rather large part of my all-raw diet in the future,
yet I am not fully aware of how they should be incorporated into my
eating habits.  In particular, I would like to find out whether any of
you agree or follow the recipe for the "V-3 cereal" shown in one of the
articles on the above website.  I understand it is one of a hundred or so
possible combinations or mixtures that one can obtain with sprouts, as I
don't see any particular logic to the selection of this recipe's ingredients.
Still, is the idea right? - combining many sprouts at once will supply a
good amount of nutrients and energy?

The author of that particular recipe also stated that the grains need
only be soaked over the night and she doesn't quite get them to sprout
afterwards.  I don't suppose this yields a better food than a day or so
of sprouting would produce?

I would appreciate your input on this.  Being new, I'm not exactly sure
just how important a role sprouting should play in my diet.

Thanks.