RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 1997 02:29:41 -0600 (CST)
From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Bruno said:
>Why not try giving your instinct a chance to choose instead of going
>into mental dietetic typically medical choices of mentally
>"prescribing" foods to yourself ?

That is a bit like asking a neurotic to act naturally or a victim of
abuse to trust her body and just relax, and I think that if objections
to instinctive eating were addressed a little more directly (hint, hint
:-)), it would make a much stronger case for itself. And we must not
forget that no matter how revolutionary the concept of instinctive
eating is, it is still just another nutritional system competing for
attention in a very crowded field.

Bruno said:
>Cooked food is a cause of intense stress and
>pressure on the nervous system. This can be measured easily with the
>stressometer we've developped here : eating raw foods easily doubles
>your microscopic hand tremor level (a few microns of amplitude). It's
>easy to prove how cooked foods directly affects your nervous system.
>Measures in a group of people including raw and cooked eaters always
>end up with raw eater's hand tremor twice lower than other's. The same
>has been observed on mice fed raw or cooked diets.

Did you get these results with raw vegans also? Have you compared
cooked food vegetarians with standard cooked eaters? I suspect that a
lack of animal foods, cooked or not, is the cause of a lot of the
nervousness & aggressiveness found in many vegans and vegetarians these
days.

Bruno said:
>Cooked food is not only the cause of health problems but also of the
>crazy modern nervous behaviours called wars, urban violence,
>rioting...

I wish it were that simple though I must admit that instinctos &
raffers (RAF-eaters) are some of the most mellow people I have come
across.

Bruno said:
>Peter, I appreciate your moderating talents.

Thanks for your support! Though if I had been really good I would not
have failed in communicating with the radical vegetarian types who have
now left the list, and I would somehow have avoided feeding into their
paranoid persecution complexes. If eating RAF's will help me overcome
these limitations of mine it will be quite an irony. :-)

Best, Peter