Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 10:01:00 -0700

Hi all,
I just picked up the October issue of Natural Health.  I've never bought
this magazine before because it's expensive - $4.00 US or $4.95 Canadian
- but I couldn't pass up this issue.

One article has 10 recipes to make in a pressure cooker (7 are gf) and
all kinds of information on pressure cookers and how to use them.  There
is even a recipe for risotto. I've been considering buying a pressure
cooker because it reduces cooking time dramatically (who couldn't use
that?).

Another article, by Joseph Pizzorno, (a well-known naturopath, author
and president of Bastyr University in Seattle), addresses many of the
questions that have come up on this list regarding over the counter
medications and the symptoms they treat:   menopause, arthritis,
migraines, acne, eczema, ulcers and tagamet.

There are lots of other good articles, too.  Although I don't know if
this magazine is consistently good, I consider the $4.00 to have been a
good investment for this particular issue.  I found it at my local Puget
Consumer Coop store, but I'm sure many health food stores and
book/magazine stores carry it.  The only 800 number I could find on the
magazine was 800 526-8440. Check it out.

Maria