From:
"John E. Cornell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 1996 18:28:18 EDT

Just a query to my learned friends on this list.

We have a Hitachi Bread Machine, which does double duty, making both GF
and wheat bread for our blended family (the big people and one of the
children are wheat eaters, two of the children are little celiacs) and
thanks to the good information I've gotten on this list, I've got a GF
recipe which works pretty well.

Over the weekend I was making a loaf of GF bread, and to avoid the
shar-pei phenomenon (bread collapsing & wrinkling) I yanked it out of the
machine at the start of the 18 minute cool down cycle.  The loaf did not
want to come out of the pan.  I had the pan inverted, shaking it, when
the crown of the loaf came loose (I figured that the crown of the loaf
had a bubble in it) and I kept trying to shake the loaf loose from the
pan.  A few more shakes and the interior of the loaf of  bread  came out
in a steaming pile onto the cooling rack, leaving the brown, stiff crusty
exterior of the entire loaf stuck in the bread pan!  I took the pile of
inner bread and converted it into bread crumbs, part of which went into
that evening's gf meatballs, cleaned out the pan, and started a new batch
of bread which came out just fine, thanks.

Any clues from you bread machine mavens as to why this happened?

John E. Cornell - Rockville, MD