RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 03:34:40 EST
Well, OK, Doug, if you don't wat to party with us in bi-monthly print, I
guess I'll just have to settle for veg-raw and crsociety.  I've been
going around all day picturing that half-starved cat running up your
pants to the waist to try to get your attention!  I hope he/she
appreciates your "tough love."

Yes, I mainly just take my pulse, BP, and temp each morning when I
awaken.  To do more would interfere too much with my lifestyle (although
i get periodically curious about other times of day, activities, and so
forth.  For example, I've discovered that sunbathing gradually raises my
pulse rate, which probably indicates overdoingness.)  Since I've never
eaten just nuts, I'm kinda guessing at that 98.  I have more accurate
data on the fruits and veggies.  Also, as you've probably read from
Shelton and others, there are digestive metabolic adjustments to be made
when eating new foods.  If I've gone for awhile not eating nuts, they are
more likely to raise my pulse rate and/or temp than after I've been used
to eating them regularly.  Are you aware of Carrington's and Densmore's
arguments that the foods to which humans are best adapted are fruits and
nuts only?  I might try that one for awhile to see what effects it has if
I can ever give up my luscious greens long enough to do it.  Hereward
Carrington lived to be more than 100, so his ideas carry alot of weight
at this end of the typewriter.  The idea fits in well with Dr. Edward
Howell's theories too.  Have you read any of him?  He's a guy we could
use to club some of those CR people into submission!