RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 02:11:50 EDT
Micahel:
>Why do you think SBGA is a toxic stimulant? I do agree
>it is outrageously expensive.

I have no proof, but it makes sense to me.  Unless it contains unknown
micronutrients that do not exist in other foods, which seems unlikely,
there is no way that the consumption of gram quantities could have a
major impact on the body unless it contains poisons.  Viginia Vetrano and
T.C. Fry have both said that it contains cyano-toxins, which act as a
stimulant.

I also subscribe to the idea that naural foods of man should taste good
in their raw natural state.  Users and experimenters with SBGA pond scum
tell me that if you open the capsule and taste it, it tastes bitter,
unpalatable.  That's enough for me.