RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larry Robert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 14:13:25 -0700 (MST)
> >> Factory farms aside, I am not so sure that killing another animal
> >>involves much suffering. For one thing a huge rush of endorphines...

	Beta endorphines are not powerful enough to address very serious pain.
Moreover, they don't always kick in for some time, sometimes not at all
depending on the physiology of the being.

> I am questioning how much that pig really felt. I believe that nature
> has blessed us with a mechanism that puts all creatures in a state of
> shock when faced with overwhelming psychological or physical trauma.

That is mere speculation, not all beings who experience serious pain or
psychological trauma go into shock, other mechanisms are involved,
moreover, shock is not always painless.

Larry