RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robert W. Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Oct 1996 03:33:54 EDT
Dear Traci,
	Pleased to meet you.  Ward's the fasting champ around here, and
I'm sure he'll have plenty to say, but I've done my share of too, and I
say that juice dieting and fasting are both wonderful for helping you
clean the sludge out of your system.  I would do a juice diet if I were
(a) not in the mood to wait a few days for hunger pangs to go away, as
would happen on a pure fast, and/or (b) I couldn't take the time off from
 real life to lie in bed all day with eyes closed, meditating (the ideal
way to proceed for optimal benefit).  If I needed my energy to work, run
errands, and so forth, I'd go with the juice diet.  It's not as
aggressive in cleaning you out as a true water-only fast, but it helps.
The usual recommendation is to drink the juice 3-4 times/day, whenever
you're hungry, diluted 50/50 with water and sipped slowly.
	The goal in fasting is always to rest the body (which includes
the digestive functions) as much as possible so that the body can
redirect its energies toward healing.  The closer you can approximate
total complete inactivity of the body the more work the body can do in
elimination.  So even on the juice diet, slow down and take it easy as
much as possible, close your eyes whenever you can, take naps, relax.
And a hug for you too.

Hi, Rene!
	Your name sounds very familiar to me.  Have you written books?
For a few days before you showed up, we were discussing how difficult it
is for most people to survive for any great length of time on just fruit
or even on a diet where fruit plays a predominant role, but here you are
doing it!  What do you think is the secret?  Pure environment, lots of
exercise, frequent fasting, the type of fruit eaten, a low-calorie diet,
all of the above, something else?  Any pointers would be appreciated.  I
started out as an Ehretist (without as much fasting as he did!), but
eventually had to decrease my fruit consumption due to poorly formed
stools, increasing difficulty digesting nuts, pollen, and other
high-protein foods, and B-12 depletion.  I ate 3 apples today, and that's
about the most fruit i can handle.
	Thanks for the new book mention.  I'll give it a browse if I see
it in the stores.