RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Shawn Luca <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 03 Sep 1996 11:12:18 -0400
Submitted to veg-raw by: Shawn Luca <[log in to unmask]>

Thank you all for pointing out to me that bulghur wheat is not raw.  I'm
very new to raw eating and am still in the learning stage.

If (non-bulghur) cracked wheat is actually raw, then maybe the recipe
could use that instead.  I'll bet it would even work with whole wheat
berries, though they would have to be soaked for a few hours before
preparation.

I have a separate question.  Does anyone know if raisins really qualify
as raw foods?  When I recently ate some Sun-Maid golden raisins
(preserved with potassium sulphate, I think), they literally gave me an
upset stomach.  Sun-dried raisins should be okay, but I read on the
package of Dole raisins that they are bathed in warm water.  I'm
wondering how "warm" warm is.  Any ideas on this?

Shawn Luca