RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martha Seagoe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jul 1997 16:36:01 -0800
Don Wiss:
>I thought all frozen orange juice was unpasteurized. All stores sell
>frozen OJ. Some around here also sell fresh squeezed OJ.
I'm not sure of the exact definition of 'pasteurized,' but I though the
frozen stuff was cooked in some way.  I'll be delighted if I'm wrong.
How do they concentrate it if not by cooking?

>Here we call it apple cider and I haven't seen any difference in
>availability.

I've seen both 'juice' and 'cider' sold in glass jugs unrefrigerated.  I've
asked several suppliers at farmer's market what's the difference, and
gotten conflicting answers, plus a couple of 'Dunno's.  We do have a
supplier that claims his juice is unpasteurized, but I ask him each time
since the bottle doesn't label it as such, and he could change as others
have done.

Cheers,
Martha