RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 11:49:32 -0500 (CDT)
Stefan:
> -  bad combinations: fruit and proteins together
> -  I would recommend to eat nothing for breakfast (drink water
    instead),
> - then start eating fruits at noon.
> -  Eat fruits from sour to sweet.
> -  But don't eat protein at noon!
> -  Your body needs sugar at noon, not proteins.
> -  In the evening start with protein. Afterwards you may eat some
     veggies.
> -  Try to avoid eating more than three different foods at one meal.
> - (bad combination of fruits and proteins, sour fruit eaten after
    sweet one).
> - I would suggest: grapes, plums, bananas at noon sunflower seed in
    the evening, followed by kohlrabi or celery or lettuce,...
> - Don't mix two proteins. This is too hard to digest. Limit yourself
    to one protein on one evening.
> - I don't recommend eating milk or dairy. It's undigestable.

The above recommendations are from your post "instinctive eating" from
a few days ago. I am sure they are for most part quite sound but they
make me wonder if not "prescriptive eating" would have been a better
title. ;-)

Stefan:
>My point was, that I consider dairy to be toxic although of course not
>as heavy as mercury.

The word "toxic" looses its meaning if used to describe a food that
like raw goat's milk can sustain life and health in almost everybody
who consumes it.

Stefan:
>I read something about 1.1% of protein.

The figure, I believe from the US department of Health, is that
mother's milk is 6.1% protein.

Stefan:
>Okay, no need. That's it. And this is better, than a disgusting smell,
>which would tell you, that you need it badly but can't go for it just
>now because it would provoke too strong reactions.

I am not sure that the lack of attraction means that I do not need it.
Yesterday, I had three ounces of sea bass. The taste was not bad but
the texture made it very difficult, and I felt like gagging (vegan
hysteria) most of the time. However, afterwards I felt great and
enjoyed the fishy taste in my mouth. I believe I have a need for these
foods and it is just that my vegan conditioning and my slumbering
senses need to be re-educated

Stefan:
>Peter, how many subscribers are we currently?

76 members. Here is the breakdown of nationalities:
64     us     (United States)
5	de	(Germany)
3	fr	(France)
1	au	(Australia)
1	br	(Brazil)
1	fi	(Finland)
1	uk	(United Kingdom)

Stefan:
>Experiment with different ages of meat and fish, perhaps also
>different drying temperatures. Try organs - they are    v e r y
>different in smell and taste from the pure muscle flesh.

Thanks for the advice. It really helps.

Best, Peter

PS. When you use netscape to search the stored list archives on your
computer, it is true that you do not have to wait for the web but a
source tells me that with netscape you can only retrieve one hit at the
time while with LISTSERV you will get all the hits at once which is
much more convenient.