RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ed Kuchmy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:03:17 -0400
christian said:
> In connection with this, I noticed that the small, whitish areas on my
> fingernails near the bed of the nails (we call them "moons") started
> to regrow again. On all-raw before they totally disappeared (except
> for the thumbs) . When I returned to 100% raw, they growing
> stopped. The state remained for awhile, somehow linked with the zinc
> and B12 supplements I took in that time, but now they are almost gone
> again. I don't consider this a good sign. Now i habitually watch
> people's fingernails whether they have those moons. Most people have
> but some have not. Has anybody an explanation for those moons? Has
> anybody experienced growing or shrinking moons? Thanks for any
> comments!

Christian, that is very interesting about the 'moons'. When I read the
above paragraph you wrote I looked at mine and to my surprise, my baby
fingers don't have any, the ones on my ring fingers are almost
completely gone, my middle fingers have small ones, my index fingers
have 'normal' sized 'moons' and my thumbs have kind of large ones.

Let us know what you find out about these 'moons'.

Liane