RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 21:40:53 -0800 (PST)
JL:
>So, while during the Paleolithic the attraction for sugar worked
>generally well, it seems that with modern fruits it can be very
>deceptive. I still remember the time when I ate fruit salads, and I
>added sugar when they were too acid: hence the cumulated effects
>of an excess of energy and too much acidity. Also, think about
>the corrosive drinks such as Coke that could never be ingested without
>the sugar.

If I had to give up a class of foods at this point it would be fruit. It
seems clear to me that I would do better with veggies (though completely
boring relative to fruit) and RAF (outstanding on a regular basis). And if
I had to choose between veggies and RAF it would be no contest: RAF wins as
a category. Interestingly, veggies taste best after RAF for me.

>So, how to avoid eating too much fruit? Practice is more difficult than
>theory... Maybe eat vegetables first, since sugar becomes less attractive
>once the energy needs are fulfilled. But fruits do not combine very
>well with grains, nuts or RAF, and are often better absorbed as monomeals
>(perhaps "monofruit"?).

Melisa is currently _very_ satisfied with fruit follwed by keifer and maybe
butter. Fruit with an avo is a fine combo for me, but fruit alone is good
too. FWIW, I found after taking a week off of fruit, I was more satisfied
with RAF and veggies, and have an easier time eating less fruit since.

JL, I am enjoying your thoughtful posts very much!

Cheers,
Kirt