RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:32:54 -0800

>Tom:
>>P.S. adding a bit of lime or lemon juice to the wheatgrass may prolong its
>>storage life - lemon/lime juices are anti-oxidants.

Sol:
>Interesting. You do mean adding the juice the cut grass, not to the juice,
>right? I would only ever make enough juice to drink on the spot.

Tom:
What I meant was that if you plan to refrigerate wheatgrass juice for day(s),
you can add a little bit of lemon or lime juice to it, and it will function
as a natural anti-oxidant/preservative. There is no need to add lemon or lime
juice if you are going to drink the wheatgrass juice immediately. By the way,
one can add lemon/lime juice to any other juice (esp. green juices, but a
friend of mine adds it to his carrot juice), and it will increase storage
life of the juice in the refrigerator.

Sol:
>I bought a book, the Body Ecology Diet, that is a "higher than average
>consciousness" anti-candida diet. They recommend cultured vegetables for
>candida too.  So does Gabriel Cousens in Conscious Eating. Do you culture
>your own? I'm going to buy a few jars and see how it "sits" with me. If the
>price is too high that may encourage me to culture my own.

Tom:
Some brief comments. There are two books with "Body Ecology" in the title.
One is by Roe Gallo, who lives in San Francisco; she advocates fruitarianism.
It appears you are talking about the other "Body Ecology" book - just wanted
to clarify that.

Re: culturing vegetables. SF-LiFE is planning a day-long Expo (June 1, 1997,
at Ft. Mason in SF), and there will be at least one workshop that will
include instructions on fermenting raw vegetables. There will also be speakers,
discussion groups, and other activities. I will announce details when planning
is more advanced - in a month or two.

Tom Billings